There’s nothing quite like the rush you get from zipping down the road on a motorcycle. But the fun and excitement of riding a motorcycle can shift to tragedy almost instantly after a crash. When you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident, you can be left physically, emotionally, and financially scarred. At a time like this, you need to know where to turn for help.
The aftermath of your motorcycle accident can be complex and tiresome to deal with — taking on insurance companies, tracking down the other drivers involved, and trying to gather paperwork all take their toll. After what you’ve suffered, you deserve a compassionate legal team to represent your interests and fight for compensation for you.
The motorcycle accident lawyers at Yosha Cook & Tisch want to help you with your recovery. We’ll provide the information you need to start getting your life back on track and pursuing the compensation you’re owed.
Motorcyclists Have a Higher Risk of Injury on the Road
In 2019, there were 30 motorcyclists involved in collisions in Boone County. Only 16 resulted in no injury, and one-third of those motorcyclists were incapacitated as a result of their collision. Motorcycle riders are at a higher risk of injury than people in bigger, enclosed vehicles. They’re more exposed to outside elements, road conditions, and other vehicles. Although accidents involving motorcycles may be fewer in number, life-threatening injuries occur more often.
Common injuries that result from motorcycle accidents include:
- Bone fractures
- Road rash and bruises
- Spinal cord injuries (SCIs)
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
We’ve Helped Countless Clients and Their Families Pursue Compensation
Our motorcycle accident lawyers understand the risks of riding a motorcycle, as well as the damage they can cause to other drivers. We know that your life can be turned upside down from an accident that lasts less than one second. We also know that recovering from such a devastating collision takes time and energy — energy you may not have.
We’ve been seeking justice for Indiana’s injured for nearly 60 years, helping people in motorcycle and other traffic accidents hold liable parties responsible for the harm they’ve caused. When you choose our firm as your motorcycle accident lawyer, your full and complete recovery is our priority. For one motorcyclist, we recovered a $3 million verdict after they were injured coming into contact with construction equipment left in the road.
Although we’ve helped numerous clients and their families, we acknowledge that each case is different and we work diligently to help you pursue the compensation you deserve.
See Your Doctor First, Then Contact a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Your health, safety, and well-being are of the utmost importance to our team. That’s why we advise you to seek out a medical professional first, immediately following your motorcycle accident, before consulting an attorney. Even if you think you are unharmed or you don’t notice any external injuries, you should still visit a doctor for an examination. You could have injuries whose symptoms only start showing days after the accident. You may have also suffered mental trauma that isn’t readily apparent. Seeing a medical professional right away will also help support any claim you make later on, if you end up fighting with your insurance company over compensation.
Once you’ve received medical care, our Zionsville motorcycle accident lawyers can meet with you to discuss your legal options. The first consultation with Yosha Cook & Tisch is free, and we work on contingency. That means that you don’t make any upfront payment to us and we only receive payment if you’re awarded compensation. We’ll end up taking a percentage of what you’re awarded or court-ordered — a payment plan we discuss with you from the beginning of your relationship with our firm.
You can start building your legal case and weighing your options as soon as you’re ready, without worrying about how you’ll pay legal fees.
The Types of Compensation You Could Recover After a Zionsville Motorcycle Accident
Before you even start considering contacting a lawyer to pursue damages, you may wonder what’s possible to recover. The recoverable damages differ with each case, as no two accidents are alike. Many factors are taken into account, such as the severity of your injuries, recovery time, and how these injuries could affect you for the rest of your life.
The damages that you’ve suffered could be financial or non-financial in nature, although if you are given compensation for either, it will be monetary. Our lawyers can thoroughly assess your case and review both kinds of damages to calculate your case’s dollar value.
Common financial losses from a motorcycle accident include:
- Medical expenses: You may have had to pay for emergency care, surgeries, doctor’s visits, rehabilitation services, and other expenses related to your medical recovery.
- Lost wages or potential income: After an injury in a motorcycle collision, you may have had to take time off work, which caused you to lose wages. You may also have to take time off in the future due to rehab, which would make you miss out on future wages.
- Lost earning potential: Some injuries might be so severe that you not only have to take time off from work but can no longer do the job you had before. You may end up switching to an entirely new career that reduces your earning potential.
- Motorcycle repair or replacement: Your vehicle may have been damaged or totaled in the accident, requiring you to pay repair or replacement costs.
Common non-financial losses from a motorcycle accident include:
- Pain and suffering: You may have suffered physical, mental, or emotional discomfort as a result of this accident and if so, you may be able to receive compensation for it.
- Emotional distress: It’s possible the accident has left you with psychological injuries and you have to pay to see a medical professional to help you recover.
- Permanent disability: Some motorcycle accident injuries are incapacitating, leaving you unable to work or care for yourself at all. If you are in this situation, you may be able to get monetary compensation for it.
- Loss of consortium: Your quality of life with your partner may have changed because of the accident and if so, you can seek compensation for it.
- Loss of enjoyment in life: If your accident prevents you from enjoying hobbies or activities you engaged in previously, you could seek compensation for that lack of enjoyment.
Wrongful death damages
If you have lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident in Zionsville, we cannot imagine the pain you must be feeling. Losing someone can feel impossible to deal with and no amount of money can make up for that loss. However, pursuing wrongful death damages could help you cover end-of-life expenses such as funeral costs, or provide you with the income that person would have earned.
Feeling financially secure allows you to grieve properly and focus on the healing process, rather than worry about how to make ends meet now that your loved one is gone.
What Do You Get with Our Firm as Your Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
At Yosha Cook & Tisch, your recovery is what’s most important to us. We focus on your case and manage every aspect of it so you can keep your attention on healing. From the start of your case, we take a trial-ready approach, preparing it as if we might have to take it to court. So if it does end up going to trial, we’ll be ready.
As we work on your case, we’ll keep you fully updated on all developments and make ourselves available to answer all of your questions. We offer all of our clients the following:
- Investigation of the motorcycle accident, including evidence collection, and identification of at-fault parties
- Advice on your case’s merits
- Review of your options for recovering fair compensation for your losses
- Legal resources that help prove your case, including third-party medical professionals to serve as expert witnesses or forensic investigators to collect evidence that supports your version of events
- Representation in all legal proceedings with the other parties involved in your case
Your Case May Have a Deadline
Although you should take the time you need to recover, you shouldn’t delay on pursuing legal action. Why? Indiana’s statute of limitations for personal injury cases is two years from the date of the accident. If you wait to contact a lawyer, the deadline for filing a lawsuit may pass, and getting compensation for your losses would become much more difficult.
Two years seems like a long time, but in the context of a personal injury case, it’s not quite as long as you think. Building legal cases also takes time, so our team will help you file as early as possible.
The Types of Evidence We Gather to Build Your Case
We help build your case by collecting evidence from the motorcycle accident. This evidence may include:
- Witnesses from the scene of the accident
- Medical records with a professional’s diagnosis
- Traffic camera footage to better analyze who was at fault
- The police report filed at the scene of the accident
- Testimony and analysis from accident reconstruction experts
Every Zionsville motorcycle accident is different and the above types of evidence may not apply in your case. Rest assured that we will analyze every angle of your case and collect all the pertinent evidence to help support your side of events.
Let Our Zionsville Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Help You
Getting into a motorcycle accident can be devastating, but dealing with the effects afterward can also have long-term consequences if not handled properly. At Yosha Cook & Tisch our goal is to prevent any further damage in your life by helping you recover the compensation you need to get back on your feet. You don’t have to worry about negotiating with your insurance company or the other parties involved — we handle all communications related to your case.
Our Zionsville motorcycle attorneys can fight on your behalf. With our years of experience dealing with similar cases, we can help ensure that you reach a fair settlement. Call us today at (317) 334-9200 to set a free consultation.