Traffic accidents happen on the roads everywhere, including in Carmel, Indiana, where they occur on state and local roads and interstate highways. Some accidents are fender-benders or “minor” car crashes resulting in minor injuries. But others can cause serious long-term injuries, leaving victims with a life full of medical treatment and debts. Some vehicular crashes even result in death.
Schedule a Free Case Evaluation with Our Car Accident Attorneys in Carmel, Indiana
If you or your loved one suffered an accident that a careless or reckless driver caused, a Carmel car accident lawyer with Yosha Cook & Tisch can help you hold them accountable. We will help you seek justice and monetary compensation for your losses, such as your medical bills and lost income. In addition, we offer a free consultation where you can learn more about your legal options and receive guidance on your next steps.
What Damages Can You Recover with the Help of a Car Accident Lawyer in Carmel, IN?
All car accidents are different, so compensation varies depending on the factors contributing to your crash. For example, how severe your injuries are, your recovery time, and how the accident will affect you for the rest of your life are all considered when determining the compensation you may be due.
We will listen to you to learn how the accident happened and review all your evidence and damages before determining what you could recover through an insurance claim or a civil lawsuit. These damages include:
- Future and ongoing medical expenses
- Lost wages, benefits, tips, and bonuses due to missing work
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Property damages
You also could recover damages with no fixed monetary value, which will calculate for you so that you will know what your case is worth. The most widely known one is pain and suffering, but there are others, such as:
- Physical pain and distress
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of companionship
- Permanent disability
Our Car Crash Attorneys Can Help You Recover Wrongful Death Damages
If you lost a loved one in a vehicle crash in Carmel, you could be entitled to recover the loss of income of the deceased and damages that were a direct result of loss of companionship, pain and suffering, loss of support, and more.
We know no amount of money will bring your loved one back. But recovering compensation for end-of-life expenses, such as your loved one’s final medical expenses and funeral and burial arrangements, could relieve some financial stress from a loved one’s unexpected death. During your free consultation, we can explain how our legal team can help you start working on your wrongful death case and pursue compensation for your damages.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Carmel, Indiana
In 2020, 154 personal injury accidents happened in Carmel, a city with a population of 102,302 residents, per this report on the city’s website. According to the report, these accidents caused 201 injuries and affected 0.15% of the population. In 2021, nearly 90 crashes happened in Hamilton County, where Carmel, Indiana, is located, per the Indiana Criminal Justice Institute (ICJI).
They break down as follows:
- 38 accidents on an interstate
- 27 accidents on a state road
- 23 on a U.S. route
Many regulations and technologies exist to prevent vehicle accidents, including Carmel’s 138 roundabouts, which have reduced serious injury and fatal crashes by about 40%, the city says. However, accidents still happen in the city and throughout the U.S. for various reasons.
Here are some of the most common reasons for traffic accidents:
- Speeding: People in a hurry tend to exceed the speed limit. It can be very dangerous because they have very little response time to stop suddenly at a traffic light or for pedestrians crossing the street.
- DUI: When a person is intoxicated after drinking or using drugs, their motor functions are compromised, causing disorientation and, possibly, fatal accidents.
- Failure to stop: Failing to stop at a red light or a stop sign commonly causes accidents. In addition to hitting another vehicle, you can also run over a person, which could be worse since pedestrians do not have any protective equipment.
- Distracted driving: Changing the radio station, daydreaming, or checking your cell phone are minor distractions that could have terrible consequences.
- Road rage: Some people get cranky behind the wheel for about any reason. In this way, their actions become entirely irrational, committing offenses that endanger the lives of their fellow motorists.
- Fatigue: Similar to driving under the influence, fatigue can cause motor function failure, limiting a quick reaction to any obstacles on the road.
Without any doubt, driving correctly is essential to taking care of yourself and others. However, negligent actions behind the wheel can cause irreversible injuries, affecting many lives forever. That is why you should always follow the traffic rules and contact a car accident attorney in Carmel, IN, right after the crash.
Insurance companies will likely want to blame you for the accident to pay as little as possible, but we are here to fight for your rights. Your lawyers will investigate the accident, collect evidence, talk to witnesses, and negotiate with insurers and attorneys until you get the compensation you deserve.
When Should You Start Working with a Carmel Car Accident Attorney?
Generally, you should start as soon as possible. You must get medical care and take care of yourself and your family. But if you feel well enough to consider taking legal action, an early start can help you.
Auto accident cases involving serious personal injuries require the guidance of an attorney who knows the state and local laws and regularly handles these kinds of cases. You could be wrong if you thought your Carmel accident was unimportant. Minor car crashes commonly cause injuries that victims don’t realize they have at first. However, they tend to become a more considerable risk to your health in the long term. After you receive medical help, you can reach out to our Carmel car accident lawyer from Yosha Cook & Tisch.
Why Work with Yosha, Cook & Tisch Car Accident Lawyers in Carmel?
You deserve to get your life back on track after suffering a devastating, life-changing motor vehicle accident. Choosing the right law firm to represent you and your case is an important part of your recovery, and the car accident lawyers in Carmel at Yosha Cook & Tisch understand that. When you work with our firm, you get a team of attorneys who care about you and the outcome of your case.
We have been representing personal injury clients for nearly 60 years, since 1963, and we are proud to protect Indiana’s injured and help them hold those who harm them accountable. You are our priority, and we will fight for your full recovery while we protect your rights and interests. Our case results show our commitment to our clients:
- $5 million in damages for a passenger who suffered a traumatic brain injury in a motor vehicle accident that happened after the driver hit a curb
- $3.2 million in a motor vehicle accident involving a young child who suffered a traumatic brain injury after a vehicle struck the car when the child was in the back seat
While case outcomes vary widely and there’s no way to guarantee specific results, we can help you recover compensation as we’ve helped others. We will review your accident and tell you what your legal recovery could look like for you and your family.
We Will Ensure Your Claim or Lawsuit Complies with Indiana’s Statute of Limitations
If you had severe injuries or your property was destroyed after an accident, you should file a claim or lawsuit against the negligent driver as soon as possible. Waiting too long after the event could result in your claim being dismissed, even if all the evidence points to the other driver being at fault for the accident.
Indiana’s statute of limitations deadline regulates the time a victim has to file a lawsuit over their car accident. This is done to review all the evidence while it is still fresh. In Indiana, you only have two years after your accident to file any claim, per IC 34-11-2-4. It means you must act quickly before this period ends.
If you think your accident was not a big deal, you should think twice. First, go to the doctor to be checked for possible injuries. If your injuries are serious, contact a Carmel car accident attorney to work on your case. Your life could depend on it, as well as your future financial stability.
We Have Trial Experience, and We Will Take Your Case to Court if We Must
When our Carmel car accident attorney manages your case, we take care of everything for you. Our firm has extensive trial experience and prepares all our cases like we could go to trial any time, so we stay prepared for that possibility.
When you hire us, we will work on your case while you recover from your accident. We also will update you with developments and answer all your questions and concerns. When you become our client, we offer the following:
- Investigate your car accident and advise you on your case’s merits
- Show you all your options for recovering fair compensation for your injuries
- List all liable parties in your case and prove how their negligence caused or contributed to your Carmel, Ind., accident
- Assess your damages and establish your case’s financial value
- Build a compelling case for you and provide legal resources that help prove your case, including expert witnesses, such as a forensic investigator who collects evidence
- Negotiate with the insurance company for you to cover a settlement for your losses,
- Represent you in all legal proceedings and handle all communications with representatives for the negligent parties
- File your paperwork for a personal injury lawsuit within Indiana’s statute of limitations
- File your case in court if necessary
We Will Start on Your Case Without You Paying Us First
The legal team at Yosha Cook & Tisch believes everyone deserves to access the legal care they need to pursue their financial recovery. Therefore, we work on contingency, which means you do not have to pay us upfront for working on your case.
We only receive a payment if we recover your compensation. If we do, our payment will come from a percentage of your insurance settlement or court-ordered award. We will review our payment agreement with you during your free consultation to ensure we’re all on the same page.
Start Working With a Carmel Car Accident Attorney Now
Dealing with illness and loss after a car accident is challenging, and if you add to the loss of a loved one, your mood could drop considerably. However, there is no need to fight this alone — we are here to help you.
Remember, you do not have to pay anything out of pocket since we work on a contingency fee basis, meaning that we cover our costs when we win monetary compensation for you. Our legal team is ready to review your case and explain your legal options. We can also answer any questions you have.
Call us now at (317) 751-2012 for a free consultation!