If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident in Lafayette or anywhere in Indiana, you need an experienced attorney on your side. At Yosha Law, our team of seasoned truck accident lawyers fights for maximum compensation for clients injured by the negligence of truck drivers and companies. With over 150 years of combined legal experience, we have the knowledge and resources to build strong cases and take on even the largest insurance carriers.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Lafayette
Due to their large size and limited maneuverability, trucks are more likely than passenger vehicles to cause serious wrecks. Our Lafayette truck accident attorneys frequently see crashes caused by:
- Driver fatigue or falling asleep at the wheel
- Distracted driving such as texting or talking on a cell phone
- Impaired driving from alcohol, drugs, or medications
- Aggressive driving and speeding
- Improper loading which can cause cargo to shift, causing loss of control
- Failure to properly maintain the mechanical condition of trucks
- Company policies that incentivize unsafe driving behaviors
When trucking companies prioritize profits over safety, innocent motorists pay the price. Our firm will thoroughly investigate to identify all liable parties in your crash.
Serious Injuries from Lafayette Truck Accidents
Due to the enormous size and weight disparity between passenger vehicles and commercial trucks, occupants of passenger vehicles tend to bear the brunt of devastating injuries in truck crashes. Some of the catastrophic injuries we frequently see in our practice include:
- Head and brain trauma leading to long-term cognitive deficits
- Severe fractures requiring extensive surgery and rehabilitation
- Spinal cord damage causing partial or total paralysis
- Internal organ damage
- Severe burns
- Amputated limbs
- Wrongful death of a loved one
In addition to physical harm, many truck accident survivors develop psychological trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder after serious wrecks. Our dedicated lawyers make clients our top priority as we seek maximum compensation for all crash-related losses.
Who Can Be Held Liable for Your Truck Accident?
Many parties may share liability when semi trucks cause wrecks. Our attorneys will conduct a thorough investigation to identify all responsible parties who contributed to the cause of your accident. Potentially liable parties include:
- The truck driver
- The truck driver’s employer
- The company responsible for loading the truck cargo
- The manufacturer of a defective truck part
- The mechanic or company responsible for maintenance and repairs
- The company that provided driver training
- The commercial shipper of the truck’s cargo
- A contractor responsible for safety compliance
- State or local governments for failure to properly design roads, signage, lighting
By naming all liable defendants in our lawsuits and negotiating directly with insurers, our attorneys work to obtain full and fair compensation for truck accident victims.
Statute of Limitations for Indiana Truck Injury Claims
Under Indiana law, you normally have two years from the date of injury in a truck accident to file a personal injury claim seeking compensation. Missing this strict filing deadline can impact your rights to recovery, making it essential to speak with one of our attorneys right away after any truck crash.
Certain exceptions may either shorten or extend the statute of limitations. For example, you may have as little as 180 days to provide notice and file a claim against a government agency involved in the crash. Our lawyers will provide clarity on the specific legal deadlines pertaining to your accident.
Taking Action After a Lafayette Truck Collision
In the chaotic aftermath of truck crashes, accident victims and families often feel overwhelmed navigating what steps to take next. Our attorneys guide clients through this challenging process every step of the way following these key recommendations:
- Seek emergency medical care right away if injured – Never assume you escaped unharmed as shock can mask serious symptoms. Ambulance transport proves critical for establishing injury records.
- Report the collision to law enforcement – Cooperate fully with responding officers and request a copy of the traffic crash report that will prove invaluable when filing your claim.
- Collect contact and insurance details – If possible, safely gather trucking company name, driver contact information, USDOT carrier number, insurance details, and commercial vehicle plate numbers.
- Capture accident scene pictures and video – Vivid images of vehicle damage, debris fields, and roadway factors like skid marks often provide definitive liability evidence.
- Give a recorded statement to an adjuster – Be extremely cautious before signing anything or accepting quick settlement offers. Review legal options first.
- Keep meticulous records of medical visits, tests done, and restrictions ordered by doctors.
- Save all bills, prescription receipts, paystubs for missed work – Clear documentation drives claim values.
- Call Yosha Law for experienced legal support and case evaluation.
A truck wreck can derail lives, health, careers and financial stability without warning. Having knowledgeable attorneys watching out for your best interests levels the playing field against massive trucking carriers and their insurance powerhouses.
Full Spectrum of Truck Accident Litigation Services in Lafayette
Yosha Law offers elite representation to injury victims at every stage of the claims process after trucking crashes including:
- Conducting local accident scene investigations
- Gathering evidence to prove fault and liability
- Reviewing truck driver logs, records, communications, and other documentation
- Consulting extensively with medical teams tending to our clients
- Determining the full scope of damages and calculating case value
- Filing claims and lawsuits against all negligent parties
- Aggressively negotiating fair settlement agreements
- Taking cases to trial when necessary
- Handling appeals when needed
With ample resources and a track record of exceptional case results, our firm has what it takes to stand up to trucking companies and insurance carriers.
Contact a Dedicated Indiana Truck Accident Lawyer Today
The experienced Indiana truck accident lawyers at Yosha Law maintain a sharp focus on client needs as we seek to ease the financial toll serious crashes take. Our legal fees come out of settlements we obtain – you pay nothing upfront.
Schedule your free case evaluation today by calling (317) 751-2516 or by filling out our simple online contact form and let us help you navigate this challenging terrain together.