After experiencing a truck accident, it can feel like your life is in pieces. Physical injury, mental anguish, destroyed property, and job loss are just a few of the long-term effects a devastating truck injury can have on your life. When you’re dealing with these struggles, you may feel you don’t have the time or energy to fight for the compensation you’re owed following the accident. And you shouldn’t have to.
By working with a Zionsville truck accident lawyer, you’ll have someone by your side who can navigate the legal hurdles while you focus on recovery. As you may need compensation to help pay for long-term treatment, cover lost wages, or fund new job training, seeking what you’re owed could be an integral part of your recovery. When you work with the truck accident attorneys at Yosha Cook & Tisch, you’ll have an advocate that faces the major insurance corporations for you.
What You Can Recover from Your Zionsville Truck Accident
After the suffering you’ve gone through, no amount of money can return your life to the way it was before the accident. Getting a settlement can help you and your family get back on track, though, and cover some of your extra expenses.
The damages you may recover from a truck accident claim include:
- Medical bills for past, present, and future treatments and expenses
- Covering lost wages if your accident forced you to stay home from work
- Compensation for an inability to work long-term or being forced to switch to a new career
- Recovery for being able to live your life the way you want to
- Payment for any special equipment to accommodate you or a family member
- Support for children or other dependents in your family
Every case is distinct and your injury, financial losses, and emotional damages won’t look the same as someone else’s. Your case is unique and we will take all factors into consideration when we help you seek compensation.
We have the resources to investigate your truck accident in-depth. Taking our analyses into account, together with your injuries and suffering, we’ll be able to calculate the true cost of your damages.
What to Expect When You Hire a Truck Accident Lawyer
When you are recovering from a serious truck accident, you have little time to deal with a demanding legal case. That’s why our attorneys take care of it for you. As our client, you can expect us to:
- Investigate your case thoroughly
- Determine an adequate amount for your damages
- Gather evidence for your case by relying on testimonies from expert witnesses
- Build a strong case to help show liability of the responsible parties
- Communicate with the liable party’s insurance company and legal team
- Negotiate a settlement
- Represent your case in court if needed
- Provide advice, guidance, and support for you throughout the entire process
As your legal team, we’ll work to secure the highest possible settlement or verdict available. If an insurance adjuster undervalues your case, we will demonstrate the true value of your hardships. We’ve dealt with countless insurance companies, so we’re familiar with the tactics they take to protect their bottom line.
Often, we can seek the compensation you’re owed through out-of-court negotiations. If these negotiations don’t yield the amount you deserve, however, we’re prepared to go to trial. We start every case as if we may have to go to court, so we’re ready if it does become the necessary option. If the liable party refuses to make an offer that fairly compensates you, our attorneys are prepared to present your case before a jury.
A Time Limit for Filing a Lawsuit in Indiana
The recovery process after a serious truck accident can take a long time. If you have lost a loved one in an accident, the grieving process can feel like it extends indefinitely. Filing a personal injury lawsuit may not be at the forefront of your mind. But there is a two-year statute of limitations for these types of suits in Indiana. That means you can only file a truck accident lawsuit within two years of the date of the accident.
Although you need time to recover, it could be beneficial to hire an attorney right after your accident, so they can begin building your case.
Choose Yosha Cook & Tisch as Your Truck Accident Lawyer
If you hire an attorney to work on your truck accident case, you want to be sure you choose someone who’s most likely to get results. Our firm has a national reputation and a long track record of serving injured people in Zionsville and Indiana.
We are a top-ranked firm and our founder, Buddy Yosha, is known as an expert in civil litigation, legal strategy, injury law, and trial advocacy. He’s won nearly 100 trial verdicts for plaintiffs in Indiana — more verdicts than any other Indiana lawyer. Our junior partner Brandon Yosha was the youngest lawyer inducted into the Marquis Who’s Who – Top Lawyers in America.
Our attorneys are passionate advocates for our clients and we have a focused approach on personal injury. By specializing in this area, we’ve developed a deep insight into the insurance claims process and legal strategy needed for truck accident cases. Some highlights of our track record include:
- $20.3 million verdict given to a victim who was originally offered only $50,000
- $5 million for a child who sustained a traumatic brain injury after a tractor-trailer accident
- $4.4 million for a near-fatal truck accident case that left the victim with a traumatic brain injury
With our years of service to Indiana’s victims of truck accidents and our connections to Zionsville, our firm is proud to deliver justice.
How Many Truck Accidents Are There in Boone County?
Truck accidents can cause catastrophic damages to both people and vehicles. In Boone County, there were 2,095 collisions in 2018 — 362 of which took place in Zionsville.
Of all the crashes that occurred in Indiana in 2017, 8 percent involved commercial vehicles (including trucks). One hundred and thirty of these accidents were fatal. In the past five years, accidents involving commercial vehicles have increased by 5 percent.
Our firm fights for victims of accidents like these and holds negligent parties responsible for our clients’ suffering.
The Most Common Causes of Truck Accident Cases
Truck accidents occur for many reasons. Typically, negligence is on the part of the truck driver, the trucking company, or another party involved with the maintenance or loading of the truck. There are many companies and entities involved with truck accident cases, making them more complex than cases involving only passenger vehicles.
If the truck driver is the one who is negligent, the causes may be:
- Fatigued driving
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failing to obey traffic laws
- Unsafe driving
- Dangerous maneuvers like switching lanes without indicators
- Incidents that result from the driver’s failure to account for weather conditions
If the company is negligent, the causes of an accident may be:
- Lack of proper driver training
- Unsafe loading of cargo or improper cargo storage
- Improper maintenance of trucks and trailers that result in equipment failures
With all the factors at play in a truck accident, our attorneys have good opportunities to gather ample evidence to show negligence. We can seek out this evidence and hold the driver, the company, or the supplier responsible for your trauma.
What to Do After Being in a Truck Accident in Zionsville
If you are in a truck accident, it’s important to act quickly and stay calm. Follow these 5 steps and seek legal advice if needed:
- Get medical attention immediately. If you or someone else involved in the accident needs serious medical attention, emergency services should be called. Even if you don’t have a debilitating injury right after the accident, you should still see a doctor and get examined within a few days of the accident. You could have injuries that aren’t readily apparent that, if left untreated, could wreak havoc later on.
- Gather evidence at the scene. If you are unhurt at the scene of the accident, try to take photos, write down license plate numbers, and gather information about the truck driver. Ask for their company name and CDL number. You should get information from any witnesses. Having this information will be immensely helpful later.
- File a police report. Someone should call the police to come to the scene of the accident so they can secure the area and collect evidence. Make sure you get a copy of the police report and ask for the officers’ names and badge numbers.
- Submit a claim with your insurance company. Contact your insurance company to start the claims process as soon as possible. If you delay, it could jeopardize the process.
- Find a reliable truck accident attorney. Contact a local truck accident lawyer as soon as you’re able. If you call Yosha Cook & Tisch, we can give you a free consultation to tell you more about your options and start building your case.
Call Yosha Cook & Tisch for Help After a Zionsville Truck Accident
At Yosha Cook & Tisch, we have more than 122 years of combined experience in personal injury law. Our team can represent your best interests and fight for what you and your family are owed. We offer guidance, support, and understanding as we help you recover from a life-changing and traumatic incident. Call us today at (317) 334-9200 for a free, no-obligation case evaluation today.