We never know what is in store when we get on the road. But, should you get in a truck accident, it can be a life-changing, often traumatic experience. And while you have to deal with how your life has been changed, the last thing you need is to worry about how you will emotionally, mentally, and financially recover and whether you will find the right truck accident lawyer.
Schedule a Free Case Evaluation with Our Carmel Truck Accident Attorneys
If you’ve been involved in a truck accident in Carmel, having an experienced, knowledgeable, and compassionate attorney at your side is critical to getting the justice you deserve.
Trucks are insured differently than regular autos, and it is important to have an experienced attorney navigate the complex process that may involve multiple vehicles, intimidating insurance companies, police reports, and witness testimonies.
Contact us for a free case evaluation to discuss the next steps to take when you are involved in a truck accident and how a truck accident attorney in Carmel, Indiana, can help you receive fair compensation for your damages and losses.
What Damages Can You Recover with the Help of Our Carmel Truck Accident Lawyers?
It’s never easy to assign a dollar value to severe injuries or loss of the life you may have experienced. But, a part of being able to move on with your life has the necessary resources. The compensation you could recover depends on the severity of your injuries and how long your expected recovery time is, along with other factors. Our legal team will review all the consequences of your accident and determine which damages you could recover, such as:
- Medical expenses (ongoing and future)
- Lost salary
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage (vehicle repairs or replacement)
While it is impossible to promise an exact amount of compensation, we will work hard to seek a just amount for you. We will advise you of the merits of your case and assess all your damages before establishing a value for it, one that will allow you to move forward and begin rebuilding your life. We will demand this amount from the liable party or parties as we hold them accountable for your losses.
Families who lost someone in a truck accident can seek advice from our attorneys in Carmel regarding a wrongful death lawsuit. We could help you seek justice for your loved one and recover burial and funeral expenses together with other types of economic and non-economic damages under current Indiana laws.
Why Work with Yosha, Cook & Tisch Truck Accident Attorneys in Carmel, IN?
Once you become a client, our Carmel truck accident lawyer will start investigating your case at no charge to you. We get paid only if we recover compensation for you, and that will be an agreed-upon percentage of your settlement or court-ordered award.
After that, we will take on your case, providing the legal resources you need to prove the liable party’s negligence. These resources include forensic investigators, who can collect time-sensitive evidence that help prove your case, accident reconstruction experts, and more.
We take our clients’ recoveries seriously. For nearly 60 years, we have represented people like you who have suffered personal injuries in Carmel and want justice. We have recovered millions in settlements and trial verdicts for clients, including those below who suffered life-changing injuries in truck accidents:
- $5 million for a child who suffered a brain injury in a tractor-trailer accident
- $4.4 million for a client who suffered trauma to the brain after being in an accident where the truck’s brakes failed before hitting the client’s vehicle
Here’s what some of our clients say about working with us:
“I would highly recommend hiring Brandon Yosha as your attorney. After my accident, he worked incredibly diligently to help me with my case. Brandon was there to talk me through the details whenever I needed them. He obtained a settlement quickly. I’m happy with the outcome of my case. Brandon and the Yosha team did a fantastic job.” – Ashley B.
Your Carmel Truck Crash Attorneys Will Determine Who Is Liable for Your Accident
When a truck accident occurs, the first thing you might think is that the vehicle’s driver is at fault, and this is the case in some accidents. However, many other factors could contribute to an accident, and commercial vehicle accidents often involve more than one liable party. The third parties that could be responsible for a truck accident include:
- Truck parts manufacturer: Auto parts manufacturers can make mistakes, causing the brakes, steering wheel, tires, or other truck parts to be defective and stop working properly.
- Poorly secured cargo: The people in charge of fastening the merchandise that a truck transports can also make mistakes. The straps must be adequately secured so that heavy objects do not fall onto other smaller vehicles.
- Truck companies: Trucking companies sometimes hire staff with little experience or training. These companies have to offer training before drivers hit the road. In these circumstances, both the driver and the company could be liable.
- Long working hours: Long working hours can seriously affect a trucker’s rest. Some truck drivers use substances that make them stay awake longer, which can compromise their motor skills and judgment while on the road. This can lead to terrible accidents.
- Road obstacles: When construction work or road repairs occur, debris is sometimes left behind on the pavement. It is also common to find natural debris or roads in disrepair. In this case, the responsibility could lie with the government or the construction company.
With all of these possibilities, it can be overwhelming to navigate the process alone.
Each party may try to shift blame from one to the other, so it’s important to have a trusted Carmel truck accident attorney to identify all potentially liable parties in your accident and prove how their negligence caused it.
We will also file an action to preserve time-sensitive evidence that could be in the truck company’s possession, such as:
- The truck’s electronic data recorder (black box data)
- The truck driver’s logbooks
- The vehicle’s inspection and maintenance records
- The driver’s training and employment history files
- Results from field sobriety tests
Your Carmel Truck Accident Attorney Will File Your Claim/Lawsuit within Indiana’s Statute of Limitations
According to the statute of limitations for Indiana (IC 34-11-2-4), injured truck accident victims have up to two years to file a lawsuit against the party that caused their accident, starting from the accident date.
The two-year deadline also applies to wrongful death lawsuits (IC-34-23-1-1).
We advise you to start working on your case as soon as possible. It takes time to build a compelling case, and two years can go by quickly.
If you miss the filing deadline, you risk losing your right to seek compensation, and your case will be dismissed, even if all the evidence shows the liable party caused your injuries.
While it may seem daunting to begin this entire process, working with an experienced Carmel truck accident lawyer should make the process less stressful for you as you let a professional guide you through it.
Your Lawyers Will Negotiate with the Insurer for Your Compensation
If you were in a truck accident in Carmel, you would most likely be overwhelmed at the thought of fighting to hold the responsible parties accountable.
A truck accident attorney from Yosha, Cook & Tisch will help you navigate the process, which includes negotiating with insurers for a just compensation that reflects the life-altering pain and suffering you are enduring. We will always keep you updated on settlement offers you receive and fight for the best outcome that reflects an amount that will help you move on with your life.
If we cannot recover a settlement on your behalf, we can pursue your recovery in court. We are not afraid to take your fight before a judge and jury to get the compensation that can help you manage your life after a devastating truck accident. We will file your civil lawsuit within Indiana’s statute of limitations and ensure you don’t miss an important deadline.
We also help build a solid case for you by:
- Collecting information: We will find all the information on your case, such as the police reports, the names of those involved, your medical account, etc.
- Talking to expert witnesses: We will thoroughly investigate the reasons for your accident by speaking with professionals on the case, such as accident reconstruction experts, doctors, and police officers.
- Gathering videos and photos: We will look for photos or footage taken at the time of the accident, including video from traffic cameras or nearby businesses.
Hiring a semi-truck collision attorney in Carmel, IN, after being seriously injured in a traffic accident is smart. Moreover, fighting alone against the responsible people who caused your damage is unnecessary. Instead, you need to focus on your recovery and your family; we are here to help.
Avoid Making Common Mistakes After A Truck Crash in Carmel, Indiana
Drivers make several common mistakes after an accident. Regardless of who’s at fault, there are several key actions you should take that will help with your case down the line. This includes:
- taking pictures,
- contacting authorities,
- getting as much information about the other vehicle and driver as possible,
- making sure you are aware of the area you are in and more.
You will be asked about the details of the incident, and given the trauma you just experienced, it may be difficult to remember important details.
Working directly with a Carmel truck accident attorney is one of the best ways to ensure that you do not make mistakes after the accident. An experienced lawyer will deal with all parties involved in the case and ensure that your rights and interests are considered at all times.
Having a truck accident attorney on your side is key to getting the just compensation you deserve.
Start Working with a Carmel Truck Accident Attorney for Free Today
Working with one of our Carmel truck collision attorneys can bring the liable parties in your accident to justice. If you lost a loved one, Yosha Cook & Tisch could take care of your legal process so you can properly grieve and take the time to heal.
Now is not the time to wonder how you will afford a truck accident lawyer. We support victims by working on a contingency fee, meaning you don’t pay anything upfront.
We will cover your costs with the monetary compensation we obtain for you.
Call (317) 648-5063 to get a free case evaluation now and learn how we can help you secure the resources you deserve to rebuild your life.